A code or OS could also be a code on the hard drive that allows the computer hardware to talk and operate with the computer code. whereas not a portable computer code, a portable computer and code programs would be useless. the image to the right is Associate in Nursing example of Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
An OS (OS) is code that controls a computer:
We can consider Associate in Nursing OS because of the middleman
- between the user and therefore the hardware.
- between the user and applications.
- between applications and hardware.
Operating system hardware resources
- An OS (OS) is a system code that manages hardware resources and provides common services for pc programs.
- Several applications could also be placed in on a computer to meet varied user desires, however, a computer terribly desires Associate in the Nursing solely 1software package.
Four main functions
- Manage files
- Manage hardware
- Manage applications
- Provide a program
Operating System Examples
- MAC OS
- Red Hat Linux
- Sun Solaris
- Linux Distributions
- MS Windows
Operating System varieties
- graphical user interface (Graphical User Interface): A graphical user interface (pronounced “GOO-ee”) OS uses graphics and icons rather than with a command-driven interface.
2.Multi-user: A multi-user OS permits multiple users to use a constant laptop at constant time and completely different times.
- Multiprocessing: Associate in Nursing OS capable of supporting and utilizing over one laptop computer processor.
- Time-sharing OS: Time-sharing may be a way that permits several people, settled at varied terminals, to use a selectedADPS at constant time.
- Multitasking: Associate in Nursing OS that’s capable of allowing multiple package processes to run at constant time.
- PC Operating System Windows 10
- PC Operating System Mac
- PC Operating System Ubuntu