Different generations of computer First Generation
The first generation digital computer was the first electronic digital computer. French in 1945 Scientist Lee Did Foresight Triad discovered Pennsylvania in the United States in 1946 Moseley and Pressor Eckert jointly created large electronic computers for the university. They named the computer ‘ENIC’ and ENIAC are the world’s largest electronic Computer. This computer has 19,000 dyed and triad Vaas, 70 thousand registers, 30 thousand switches, There were 10 thousand capacitors. This three-ton computer is powered by power hourly power 150 kilowatts would cost. It could be 5000 times per second or 350 times per second. It worked in a decimal system.
Based on the various information, it is known that John Molly and Piper Eckert formed a company in 1946 In 1951, the first UNIVAC-1 computer was created. This was the universe First digital computer. In 1952 the IBM company IBM-650, 701 was on a commercial basis Made and marketed.
First-gen Computer Features:
- First generation computers used to work in decimal parts.
- It was a large electronic computer.
- ‘Dyed and trial’ was used in it.
- It can be done by 5000 yards or 350 times per second.
- It is estimated to be 150 kilowatt-hours of electricity per hour.
- It is 9 meters in length to settle and 15 meters in width is desirable.
- It is very hot while working.
- Sometimes it is necessary to cool it down and pour water.
- It could contain limited information.
- It is a low-dependent device.
- Page Bard is premeditated with the execution.
- It was a major problem of shifting and maintaining. Examples: UNIVAC-1, IBM-701, IBM-650, IBM-704, IBM-709
Second generation Computer
1947 saw the discovery of John Burdin, William Shawl, and the Water Bratwin transistor Please. There is a lot of transition in the form of transistors than the vacuum tube. The transistor discovery is on the computer Enhanced great changes in history. After the invention of the transistor, the use of computers will be used Arambol is. Second-generation computing machine used by transistors From 1952 to 1964 Samakalake is considered the second generation period. Many injuries in the form of injections Due to the second generation of computers, the first generation of computers came out of the form.
The use of the high-level language starts from this generation, from FORTRAN, COBOL Language begins to circulate.
Second-generation computer properties
- It grows in size.
- Transistor is used instead of a vacuum tube.
- It costs electricity and takes less time.
- It is cheaper in price than the first-generation company.
- It is fast-paced.
- Improve exposure, speed, and reliability of heat problems.
- Use of magnetic cores as internal memories.
- FORTRAN, COBOL language launch *. FORTRAN, COBOL S 256 64
Examples: IBM-1400 1401, IBM-1600, 1620, RCA-501, NCR-300, GE-200 etc.
Third generation Computer
El Circuit (short IC-IC) after transistor. This circuit is a radical circuit It can be said. After 1963 Integrate Circuit (IC) was discovered. Many diodes and transistors According to that the circuit that made the Cruit with the electrical parts is an IC. About that IC The computer made is known as a third-generation computer. It squeezed in size, worked faster Goes and takes less time. An IC chip width of 33 mm, length 18 mm and height 2 to 3 millimeters. The period from 1964 to 1972.
Third-party computer features:
- Integrated circuits (IC) are widely used.
- It can be priced at low prices.
- It stitched in size.
- It can be done easily.
- It is less costly.
- The emergence and development of unplanned memories.
- Improved functionality and reliability.
- Take a lot of different types of tricks. Such as Magnetic tips, hard disk drive, floppy disk drive The origins of etc.
- Different types of programming.
- Use of Video Solid Unit and Lumpy Line Printer as Output.
- Excessive action capacity.
- Extensive use of higher languages.
Example: IBM-370, PDP-8 IBM-360, IBM-350, GE-600 etc.
Fourth generation Computer
Due to the unprecedented development of science, there has been a great improvement in the formation of IC. At first, very few The IC is made up of a large number of components. Very Large Integration of LSI) Developed on Large-scale Integration (VLSI). The fourth generation of the same computer The computer is called. It has millions of transistors attached. As a result of the development of the IC, It is possible to keep the central processing part of a computer full of an IC chip. This chip The microprocessor is called. This microprocessor was created, in 1971. As a result, this is a microcomputer The market is seen only after some time. This microprocessor created a discount silicon chip. It is 5 square millimeters in size and thickness is 1 mm. A part of the computer is a chip In 1 Intel company made 4000 name microprocessors. In 1971 Intel created a more powerful microprocessor Intel 4004. After that, they created the Processor. This Intel created 8080 microprocessors in 1974, on computer front of the computer Gives it. The pace of the ongoing process of the microprocessor industry is currently underway.
Fourth Generation Computer Properties
- Easy to handle due to shedding.
- Power is low cost.
- It also runs on the battery.
- Promote improved memory system.
- Use of large and very large quality IC (LSI, VLSI).
- increase the holding capacity of the byte.
- Improve his dancer.
- Increase the processing speed.
- Microcomputer rug.
- The emergence of advanced high-level framing language.
Examples: IBM-3033, HP-3000, IBM-4341, TRS-80, IBM-pc etc.
Fifth generation Computer
The ability to work with artificial intelligence in the generation of compilers is perfect. That’s why the computer is artificial Research is underway on intellectual integrity. Computer scientists from 14 countries in Japan in 1981 A conference on fifth-generation computers was organized. Scientists think about how Computer intelligence can be arranged. This is called artificial intelligence. First to stay artificial intelligence Generation computers have the power to think and analyze. What to do in the new circumstances They will decide it with their own intelligence. Scientists are hopeful that such a computer is soon Will be created This computer also has the ability to recognize the voice of the people. Instructions of the human voice Understand that the fifth generation of computers can work. And the work of the fifth generation of the compiler The speed, the capacity of the memory that will increase, will not be able to say.
Fifth generation computer features
- Being able to have artificial intelligence, there is the ability to think and analyze the corner.
- The information retention will improve.
- Automatically has the ability to translate.
- There will be more powerful microprocessors.
- The human voice has the power to possess.
- People have the ability to work by understanding the voice.
- The memory capabilities will increase surprisingly.
- Magnetic core memory may have to be used.
- The development of super-powerful supercomputers will take place.